Monday, September 30, 2002
Spicy turkey chili is some damn fine eats.
Sunday, September 29, 2002
There is something completely peaceful about actually cooking a breakfast, complete with potatoes and toast. A little Norah Jones
in the background, and Angie is one content girl.
On an unrelated note:
I ran into my boss at Target yesterday. I do really like her as a person, and certain business ideas she has are, quite frankly, incredible.
I am of the firm belief that when working with the public, in a direct customer-client fashion, that if you are (potentially communicably) sick, or cannot perform your duties due to injury, accidents etc, it is HER duty to cover for you (or find someone to) if there is no way that you can be there. Yes, this is within reason, but having someone who is either vomiting or has an injury that causes them great pain *ahem*, should not
be guilted or instructed to work. Especially if these are hardworking employees who never
call in and actually cover for those who just like to take days off. I dunno -maybe it's just me, but I think if you are in a position where you are the boss uber alles, you get paid to take the shit when it hits the fan.
Anyway. She's a great woman, though. I just wanted to make sure when I rant about my job, and possibly her, it is not misconstrued as a personal attack on her character.
(Yes, I am feeling all world-friendly right now. Damn you breakfast.)
Thursday, September 26, 2002
Apparantly my head is filled with gravy. Who knew?
One of the best jokes ever:
An elderly couple, Sam and Bessie, are vacationing in the West. Sam had always wanted a pair of authentic cowboy boots. Seeing some on sale, he buys them and wears them back to the hotel, walking proudly.
He walks into their room and says to his wife, "Notice anything different about me?"
Bessie looks him over, "Nope."
Sam says excitedly, "Come on Bessie, take a good look. Notice anything different about me?"
Bessie looks again, "Nope."
Frustrated, Sam storms off into the bathroom. He undresses and walks back into the room completely naked, except for his boots.
Again he asks a little louder this time, "Notice anything different NOW?"
Bessie looks up and says, "Sam, what's different? It's hanging down today, it was hanging down yesterday, it'll be hanging down again tomorrow."
Furious, Sam yells, "AND DO YOU KNOW WHY IT'S HANGING DOWN, BESSIE? IT'S HANGING DOWN BECAUSE IT'S LOOKIN' AT MY NEW BOOTS!!!"
To which Bessie replies, "Shoulda bought a hat, Sam. shoulda bought a hat."
Wednesday, September 25, 2002
Can I just say how much I'm enjoying the new Real World Las Vegas? Seriously. Drunken makeouts, door slams, tit shots, and its only the first episode!
How I love thee, campy smut TV.
I answered the phone just now to a pretty pushy telemarketer (go figure). He actually told me to "skip a class" to get up to Sedona, so he could pay me $75!. You shoulda heard this one. Man, he tried everything. That's why I screen my calls, for those of you who care...
My hatred for my sinuses has grown. What started last night as that one-side-of-the-face-eye-itch-nose-run thing, has mutated overnight into full-blown-both-nostril-puffy-eye-sore-throat carnival. I feel so terrific right now! No really! I can breathe through my mouth like a champ!
You know, if I had known my sinuses wanted to rebel today, I wouldn't have bothered to try to breathe.
In other news: you can officially overcook green beans.
Tuesday, September 24, 2002
The smiling. THE SMILING!
Note to self:
Taco Bell should not
be eaten directly before bed.
Sunday, September 22, 2002
Yet another movie trivia funfact:
Susan Sarandon's first husband, Chris Sarandon, played none other than Prince Humperdinck in the Princess Bride.
Man. This makes day two in a row that I cant stop smiling.This weekend kicks ass.
(All work and no play make Angie a something something...)
1. Fugly the Witch is still in my backseat, longing to headbang out the window again. (Fugly was a crane-game win at the Denny's from the other night. I still can't believe I can win shit from those things...)
2. Yes, I am in fact a Hut Slug.
3. At the bar the other night, a girl told me she was just
21. Come to find out later, she was actually still 20, but didn't want to tell me that because she was afraid I was "one of them". heh.
4. Making a black phallus with 2 of those plastic, decorative music note wall-hangings is not only funny, but should be mentioned multiple times.
5. I bet a Kilt Lifter
could still get the job done even when you aren't wearing a kilt. That's some tasty stuff...
6. I think having the Vapor's Turning Japanese
in my head is going to keep me pretty entertained for awhile.
Saturday, September 21, 2002
Last night can be summed up eloquently by two guys in a pick-up truck:
"Coochie! Coochie! Stick it in the anal hole!"
(Yes, this was actually shouted at Darren and I as we left Denny's this morning.)
I've got enough stories from tonight to last awhile. I'll share them in bits and pieces, so I don't overwhelm anyone.
Prepare to be underwhelmed!!
Thursday, September 19, 2002
A few things from today:
1. Guess who's back,
back again. Dooce's back. Tell a friend. Dooce's back, Dooce's back, Dooce's back. dah nah nah.
2. I am not the tower of power that everyone in school thinks I am. I burst into tears in my class today (thankfully few saw it) because of this damn hand again. I've been having weird cramps/spasms in my forearm for a few days, but shrugged it off with all the other "weird little pains" that have been going on. However, today these were unbearable, and I held it in for about 10 minutes before tears poured out. Damn. I was so close, too.
3. Well, there's another class I have to take over... Damn hand! Tis okay though, because I can definately use the practice.
4. When the hell did my house become the place where crickets go to die? That's 7 in the past 4 days, and this one actually ejected his legs before crawling to the corner. It's really pretty horrifying to think that this is the last place they want to see before the pearly gates. Perhaps it's just them taunting me with their shiny little bodies one last time.
has become my lunchtime IM buddy. Swing by and leave a message or two.
Tuesday, September 17, 2002
I just finished a fully interactive, 3 question trivia game in Flash for my final. It took a TON of work, but its actually really cool (especially because this was my first quarter in Flash)...
Once I get those last bugs worked out, I may throw it up here :). I'll include my mapped plan sheet too, so you all can see what this took...
heh. I'm humming the theme from Rocky right now...
"Why is it we can never pinpoint the exact moment love begins,
but we always know when it ends?"
Yep. My heads in a puddle today. I think it's because I'm so overwhelmed with schoolwork, my emotions are a rollercoaster. Someday I'll post my poems on here. Most of them are horribly depressing, but quite beautiful. Some of the best ones I have came from a really dark period I had right after the "break up" with the Scientist/Golfer. Yeah, not a good time for the head, but a great time for the pen. Right now I'm actually doing really well, just this damn finals crap.
Oh yeah, and the underwear mishap.
It's not that I miss falling asleep to the sound of someone else's breathing, it's that I miss missing it. It has been so long that I've forgotten even what it felt like to get used to not
Sometimes we go so long without, we forget what it felt like to have it, and barely remember what it felt like to miss it.
Monday, September 16, 2002
One of these days I will put my underwear on correctly the first
time I put them on.
Seriously. Those damn things need directions.
WinXP Pro can bite my ass. Talk about a moody OS.
I think the Pro is an acrynym for: Prepare to Restart Often.
I'm horribly addicted to movie trivia.
For instance: did you know (I didn't!) that the actor and actress who played Ferris Bueller's parents actually fell in love while making that movie and are now MARRIED?
See. Now you're hooked too.
Sunday, September 15, 2002
Oh, and I just have to thank URBN.COM for making my day.
A little (very) quick catch-up to do, then back to finals...
1. I am now the proud user of WinXP Pro. Unfortunately now, though, my webcam is now officially obsolete. Expect the fugly mug shot to be the last for a while...
2. Hanging out with the boys was theraputic, wonderful and VERY much needed. Mike sang his heart out, of COURSE, and it was fantastic. Darren was far too much fun, although that could have been the tequila shot talking (and hopefully not the Mexicans in my ass). Casey was sloppy, the muscley guy really didn't convince me that short, stocky guys are more endowed, and I probably shouldn't have had such fun mimicking fellatio with a yellow pool noodle.
3. I bought a pack of cigarettes to aid this wicked stress thing I'm having right now. After I forced down two, it looks like the pack is going to find a permanent home in the freezer. It's refreshing to know that even when I WANT to be a smoker, I just can't be one. Even though it makes me look glamorous and so much cooler.
4. I have to work on my finals right now or else I'll have hell to pay.
Friday, September 13, 2002
You mean she's a GIRL????? That one's got one dirty mouth on her... Talks like a sailor, she does.
Goin to jam out with the boys. I know, I know... I'll be home early enough to do more on my finals before bed. Thanks mom.
Going out tonight to see 2/3 of the Leo's
boys. If anyone wants to see Mike in all his acoustic greatness, head to Parrot Bay in Scottsdale. Show starts at 9:00.
"She was morning
And I was night time
I one day woke up
To find her lying
Beside my bed
I softly said
"Come take me"
For I've been lonely
In need of someone
As though I'd done
Someone wrong somewhere
I don't know where
You are the sun
I am the moon
You are the words
I am the tune
Song she sang to me
Song she brang to me
Words that rang in me
Rhyme that sprang from me
Warmed the night
And what was right
You are the sun
I am the moon
You are the words
I am the tune
And so it was
That I came to travel
Upon a road
That was thorned and narrow
Would save me
You are the sun
I am the moon
You are the word
I am the tune
Someone tell me why I absolutely LURVE this song. It's sick, really.
Thursday, September 12, 2002
Hah. Then there's this. I caught it right before it disappeared...
I'm so thrifty. I can now see the time on my arm for a mere $4.90!
(Hopefully it won't turn my arm green...)
What started out as me staying up all night to work on finals, has suddenly changed to:
Angie-staying-up-all-night-to-back-up-her-hard- drive-because-she's-getting-.exe-errors-and- system-failures
Last time this happened, my dumb ass shut down, and when I tried to restart, it wouldn't. My friend Michelle got a late-night phone call (in Detroit!) and had to help me hack through Windows just so I could re-install it. All of this was virus-related. I refer to that as the Crash of 2001. Fun was had by all.
Now, I'm concerned because if I try to run Norton's, it may crash the system. However, if I do my back-ups first, and there is a hidden virus in those, it could re-infect everything...
You know what? I didn't realize how much I'd missed late night phone calls until I hung up.
Thank you for making me smile.
Wednesday, September 11, 2002
I've got a wedding to go to in Lodi, CA the weekend of the 21st. Right now, noone can go with me, and the prospects of a hotel are a little too pricey for me. So.
I need a second reason* to come out there if I'm going to drive solo from Phoenix to there, and replace a tire AND get a hotel room for at least a couple nights. Unfortunately I still probably won't be able to go, but if I can rationalize this in my head, as I always do, at least there's a chance. Is there anything going on, any things to see, any spectacular thing that I need to go to CA for?
*Do note, Rob and Joy's wedding is PLENTY reason, but I'm a poor student who can barely make it month-to-month on paying just bills. So, as much as I really, really want to see them on this great day, finances may not allow it to happen... If I can kill a couple birds with this trip out there, however, maybe I can tell myself that its a trip i can't miss...
---> I've learned not to trust mapquest as far as I can throw a small stone, but it looks as if LA is under 10 hours away. Wow! Who knew I was so close to CA? Next year, I'll trek out there for a good period of time, methinks. Take in a few of the big cities. Call it a World Tour, sans world.
I wanted to write something about today.
Then, I didn't.
Then, I was seeing what else others had to say, and ended up here
, which led me to this
which is EXACTLY what I wanted to say, only much more beautiful.
Thank you Stephanie for saying exactly what needed to be said, in exactly the way it needed to be said.
It is perfect.
Tuesday, September 10, 2002
Nothing ruins a nice, soft lump of crusty bread like getting that "swallowed-too-fast-on-the-first-bite" painful round of hard-core hiccups.
Sunday, September 08, 2002
Approximately one week out of every month, I truly detest being a woman.
Saturday, September 07, 2002
That's it, I'm going back to bed.
Not because it's a bad
day, but because I got up early because it was a GOOD day. Actually, if you factor out the whole "hand thing", my days are not bad at all.
Last night we had the most wonderful rain. I miss rain like that.
Ok, back to bed!
Friday, September 06, 2002
I'm bitter that I found this guy
too late to catch his posts as they were fresh. However, this page is brilliant.
You go read now.
Thursday, September 05, 2002
2 things from my doctor:
1. I now have to wear a splint for a week and see if it gets better. Also, hot soaks and icing it.
wooohoo! If this even dents the pain, I will be really impressed.
Typing leftie. Going to go today to work to fill out accident report. Then, perhaps, another trip to the doctor.
This blows. I'm terrified not of the doctor, good meds and physical therapy, but the fact that I can't even attempt to afford these things. I think I may make a call to our accident guy in the company and see what he can do for me. I'm guessing nothing, because I wasn't "following procedure". Unfortunately, to follow procedure would have required using keys we didn't have, and equipment that wasn't faulty (we've had problems with it for awhile).
We'll see how far my health insurance gets me (if it's anything like how this insurance has been thusfar, I could spit farther than that).
(Hey, not bad for all leftie.)
Ok, and I need to add:
Joe Perry looks DAMN hot for a man in his 50's.
Caramel creamer in my Earl Grey is possibly the tastiest delight a girl could ever want (besides a slice of freshly-baked pumpkin pie with the perfect dollup of whipped cream...)
Want to win my heart?
Tell me dirty jokes while baking the perfect pumpkin pie.
(Oh, and a funny hat will get you everywhere.)
Wednesday, September 04, 2002
I'm actually TRYING to do homework, but my hand is hurting quite badly today, so maybe it's a sign I should stop...
Nah. I need to be productive tonight.
Apparantly now you don't have to go to the porn store/head shop to get whippits
anymore. Just go to Starbucks.com. They deliver.
(Back in the day, I was a big fan of whippets. At one party in particular I "fished-out" rather horribly, actually, when I did the inhale-exhale method described in the link. I woke up twice on the barn floor, and thought I had fallen into some beer (twas a house party). I went to the bathroom to clean it up, and found out it was actually blood covering my head and shirt. Apparantly I cracked my head open pretty badly. Once everything (the drugs) wore off, it hurt like a bitch. I'm guessing I have a really nasty scar there now too, as I was too high to go get stitches, or even to the emergency room. Moral of the story: Angie is a dumbass.
Tuesday, September 03, 2002
Oh, how I loathe thee, Cable Modem.
I know dialups that are faster than you, you silly little box. So young, so full of lies.
Apparantly I'm in the Mountain
I don't know why I let my job irritate me as much as it does.
Tonight, right before I purchased the sassy ketchup, I had to swing by work to drop some things off. Another manager (who was recently promoted to a step above me) was working. He basically asked what happened last night (we were there until 3:30 in the am). I pretty much told him it was because we were understaffed and I had to keep recounting the deposit because there were problems with it. No big deal. He then (I'm still not sure if it was intentionally) made me feel pretty dumb about the whole thing. I mean, come on! Like I WANTED to be there until 3effinAM! Man. Ever since he witnessed my little cry/freakout the other day because of my hand, he has treated me like a child. You can call me whatever you want, but the minute you treat me like I'm either stupid (which I'm most certainly not), like I'm incapable (which I am not either) or like I am now BENEATH you, you are in for some friction. He had also mentioned that I'll probably catch hell from my boss about this. GOOD. Seriously, I heard that and was actually kind of looking forward to it. We were swamped at work, and the reason we were there so late is because we were horribly understaffed. I don't blame her, per se, but if she gets all over me about it, words will be shared.
Anyway, I'm sitting here and I can't stop thinking about that. It's actually driving me nuts. I mean, the nerve of him. God. I thought we were friends too.
Must. stop. surfin.
"cos we all know that there's nothing that the kids like more than a forum wherein they can share thoughts and opinions
about developments inscience."
You know, I was pretty indifferent to Moby
as a musician, but sort of thought he was pretty obsessive in his quest for oneness with the earth (vegan, charities etcetc). However, now that I find that he's actually funny
, I like him much, much more.
Even my ketchup is sassy.
Monday, September 02, 2002
hhahh. Best dub-over I've heard yet.
A little updatin':
1. My hand. Still hurts, but decided unless I'm really using it (at work) that I don't really need the painkillers (ibu) anymore. It aches, the swelling is down, and the bruising has faded a bit. I possibly will still go back to the doctor, as it's doing weird things (ie - bones will stick out on occasion, weird joint aches, popping etc.) but I'm not dying, nor is it going to drive me to the brink. Unfortunately though, I couldn't baby it at work yesterday because we were horribly understaffed, so I had to use it like it wasn't hurt at all. This created some soreness this morning.
2. The job. I still have about had it, hand injury or no hand injury. Once this week gets a bit more caught up, I will be actively searching to fix this problem.
3. Everything else. Well, everything else is actually really, really good. Nothing in particular, but I'm just pretty happy at the moment. However, I had a weird dream last night that involved the ex, reconciling, and a really weird pool table. I woke up for a few minutes and actually said aloud "Is this what you really want?" My immediate reaction was a definate no. I guess because I have yet to push those memories back with new
memories, that my subconscious likes to remind me of these things.
4. My laundry is done, and I've finally loaded the dishwasher. Maybe tonight I'll even finish that homework and get that floor swept.