Wow, it's really fucked up to be home
Things are, well, very different here. I haven't figured out if it's a good
different, or just a different
different. So far, I've been too busy to tell.
However, there are some definate positives and negatives:
It's a good thing:
- I can now (to my knowledge) qualify for an apartment. Due to some *cough* circumstances in Arizona, my credit to get an apartment was FUBAR. Apparantly moving out of state was the only way that I could fix that any time soon. Learned by example I guess.
- I think I may be able to get a car in the near future. yay for car!
- My family, my friends, yada yada.
- Driving was actually SO MUCH FUN. I am officially a lame-o.
- I can finally totally wash my hands of all the bullshit that has happened in the past 5 years.
Bad, bad Leroy Brown:
- The weather here has been cloudy and rainy. Granted, I'm LOVING it, but I crave sunshine like a bitch.
- Leaving my friends behind for the second time in 5 years.
- Having to start all over again, AGAIN.
Yeah well. I'm in a great mood, and hopefully I made the right choice. I guess we'll see.
Oh, and for the record, it was probably too soon to tell my mom that I'm completely comfortable with never getting married because of my general distrust toward men. I think she thought moving up here would land me a hubsand, but honestly I'm hoping for just some really good sex, without all the bullshit that goes along with it. I think I may have mentioned that to her too...
Move on, Groove on, Rock on.
Tonight I'm cleaning, working, cleaning some more.
I pick up my truck bright and early in the morning, and then I load it, do more work, and then attend my farewell BBQ (thanks Linz!). My ass is outta here in just over 24 hours.
I have the greatest friends ever, and I'm leaving many of them behind. I'll miss you kids terribly, but this is what people do. I'll be back at some point, I promise.
I sold my car. Thank. sweet. god.
Yeah, that's about it. I'll catch up with all of you in a few days, but if I get bored enough, expect an audio blog from the road.
Yesterday was craptacular, except for my great dinner with The Danica
. That girl is so awesome, it actually hurts. SOOOO going to miss you! It was nice to get to see her again as it had been way too long, and hopefully I'll get one more chance before I leave.
This morning, I woke up really, really early, worked for awhile, and went to get my paperwork to head to get a new title so I could sell the beast today.
[insert triumphant horns and beacon of light from the heavens]
And there it was. My ORIGINAL title.
Thank god I don't have to go to the DMV anymore.
[end tooting and beaming]
So, looks like today may actually end up with a lot of Hell Yes! I'm going to sell my car today, so this could be really, really great. (I'll totally miss my Shaggin' Wagon though - that thing has seen so much action... uh... I mean... uh...)
It's all about me-me.
I don't usually do these things, but I thought this one was ok.
So, here's a bunch of stuff about me [thanks Danica
1. What is the geekiest part of your music collection? John Denver and the Muppets Christmas Album - listen to it EVERY year
2. What do you eat when you raid the fridge late at night? Getting out of bed requires too much effort.
3. What is your secret guaranteed weeping movie? Life as a House
4. If you could have plastic surgery, what would you have done? Removing the ďMen with IssuesĒ magnet from my forehead.
5. Do you have a completely irrational fear? Toss up between the dark and ice skates (I had a dream once where someone skated over my hand right where your fingers meet your palm, slicing them all off. Now Iím scared Iíll lose my fingers.)
6. What is the little physical habit that gives away your insecure moments? Serious amounts of ear blushing.
7. Are you a pyromaniac? Used to be.
8. Do you have too many interests? I think itís more ADD than ďtoo many interestsĒ.
9. Do you know anyone famous? Do you?
10. Describe your bed. Unmade.
11. Spontaneous or planned? Iíd answer that, but it isnít on my schedule.
12. Who should play you in a movie about your life? Iíve been told either that girl from Blossom, Debbie Harry or Jamie Lee Curtis. Personally Iíd love to see it done as a Shakespearian Drama played by all men.
13. Do you know how to play poker? Poker, I hardly know Ďer.
14. What do you carry with you at all times? Nothing because I tend to lose things all the time.
15. What do you miss most about being a kid? Not having to be an adult. Oh, wait.
16. Are you happy with your given name? Yep.
17. How much money would it take to get you to give up the Internet for one year? There isnít enough money in circulation, foreign currency included.
18. What color is your bedroom? Messy.
19. What was the last song you were listening to? "Warrior"--Scandal.
20. Have you ever been in a play? A few.
21. Have you ever been in love? I like to think so.
22. Do you talk a lot? You apparently donít know me too well, or you wouldnít bother even asking that.
23. Do you like yourself and believe in yourself? Iím good enough, smart enough, and gosh darn itÖ
24. Do transient, homeless, or starving people sometimes annoy you? Yes and no. Sometimes fate deals you a shitty hand. But if you can make me laugh or tell me one I havenít heard, Iíll probably hook you up.
25. Do you consider yourself to be a nice person? Unfortunately to a fault.
26. Do you spend more time with your girlfriend/boyfriend or your friends? Preferably both, although I end up being a total hermit when I get too domestic.
27. What is your ideal marriage location? Married, schmarried.
28. Which musical instrument do you wish you could play? Guitar Ė thatís my goal this year.
29. Favorite fabric? Hmmm. Dunno. Anything you donít have to iron.
30. Something you love and hate? Reality TV.
31. What kind of bedding do you use? Sheets and a blanket Ė Iím a cold sleeper.
32. Do you tell your friends about your sex life? I shouldnít, but yeah.
33. What's the one language you want to learn? Ancient Egyptian hiroglyphs
34. How do you eat an apple? ALWAYS with a knife Ė I donít like the way it feels to bite into a whole one.
35. What do you order at a bar? Something tasty.
36. Have you ever pierced your body parts? Ears Ė double. Nose Ė myself with a safety pin.
37. Do you have tattoos? Yes, and I want more.
38. Do you drive stick? MmmÖ stick.
39. What's one trait you hate in a person? Dishonesty, disloyalty, and irresponsibility.
40. What kind of watch(es) do you wear? The Prague one I got for Christmas.
41. Most frivolous purchase? I donít usually by anything even close to frivolous.
42. Do you consider yourself materialistic? Not even a little.
43. What do you cook the best? I make a mean taco salad.
44. Favorite writing tool? Micro pens.
45. Do you prefer to stand out or blend in? Blend.
46. Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex? When I was a rave kid, I wasnít very girly at all. Now Iím horribly girly. What was the question?
47. What's one car you will never buy? Le Car
48. What kind of books do you like to read? Anything.
49. If you won the lottery, what would you do? Notify the media that you donít have to play to win.
50. Burial or cremation? Science, maybe.
51. How many online journals do you read regularly? 30+.
52. What's one thing you're a sore loser at? Self-defeatist, so anything I challenge myself to do.
53. If you don't like a person, how do you show it? I stop caring.
54. Do you cry in front of your friends? Yes.
55. What kind of first impression do you think you give to people? Loud, loud, loud. And funny. But loud funny.
56. What's one thing you like to do alone? Poop.
57. Are you a giver or a taker? Giver to a fault.
58. When's the last time you cried? Sunday night Ė Extreme Makeover Home Edition Ė gets me every time.
59. Favorite communication method? E-mail
60. How many drinks before you're tipsy? Not many.
61. Do you think you're cute? As a button sometimes. Other times, not so much.
62. Do you have problems changing clothes in front of friends? Nope.
This is The Suck
Well, to start off on a good note, I actually feel considerably better today. Actually, MUCH better (I'm at about 80% now) in spite of smoking a couple cigarettes last night (the first in days). The throat is uncomfortable, but no longer terribly painful, so we shall see.
Looks like the title I have for my car isn't really a title at all, it's a title application. (??) So basically, I was going to sell the car today, and now really technically cant, because I get to spend Monday at the DMV (or MVD here in Arizona) getting an Arizona Title and THEN I can transfer it.
The Ol' Switcheroo
Yes, there was a rather mean post here. I pulled it.
It served its purpose, and I really am not that terrible person that it made me out to be.
Seriously though, I'm very, very nice, but if you take advantage of me, betray my trust, or disrespect me, I can be a horrible pain in the ass.
Yeah, so don't do that shit. I hate being the bitch.